Temporary Delay in Blogging

I apologize for the lack of Ramblings lately. My team at work has been experiencing massive turnover and the workload for everyone remaining has essentially doubled/tripled. Being the smart[ass] person that I am, I was forced to do the lone thing any other logical person in my situation would do..................leave the team too.
I have been promoted to a new department within the company and I will probably be out of commission for a while until the learning curve is.............well less curved. Until that time, don't delete the link to this blog out of frustration, anger or spite. I shall return soon enough; albeit, only a miniscule amount richer.

2 Comments:
Congrats on the promotion! So instead of throwing in the towel you climbed up a rung on that corporate ladder!?
No throwing in the town yet, and one more rung in a series of 10,000 more rungs to go before I will be satisfied.
This promotion is kind of bittersweet in several ways. First of all, I do get a small increase in pay, I get to learn more, and I get to travel the U.S. to inspect distressed real estate. Great right? Ok, but my title goes from Asset Manager back down to Analyst. Talk about messing up the business cards. Also, even though my salary will be higher, I will move down a pay grade. Because I will move down a pay grade, I lose one week of vacation (2 weeks now instead of 3)(although I had trouble using 2 weeks when I had it). Also, before the promotion I was staged to move into a window cube (kind of like the coveted corner office, only it’s a cube) so I could play weatherman at work. Now I will have to move to a cube right next to the men’s room.
If anything, this jump/sidestep will better prepare me for bigger things and ultimately make me more marketable.
Post a Comment
<< Home