.2 times 40 equals 25
Have you ever gone to a bar, had a blast, drank too much, took the party elsewhere, woke up the next morn…..afternoon, drove to Wendy’s for some nourishment, pulled out your wallet to pay, only to find out that you had left your tab open at the bar and are missing your credit card? Well I have too. Last Friday. This is a bad thing right? Well, not necessarily.
On the other hand, have you ever been partying at a bar where the wait staff purposefully over-serves you………..…..all night…..and when it comes time to close out your tab you close it out, only to wake up the next morning to find out that you left a ridiculous $25 tip on a $40 tab? Well I have too. Last Saturday.
In a rare moment of clarity jammed somewhere in the middle of an otherwise constant state of haze, I came to the realization that the best thing to do to get through the night with a cheap bar tip is to simply leave your card at the bar overnight. From what I understand with my conversations with the friendly “morning” staff at the bar, is that all tabs have to be closed at the end of each night to close out the books. Of course they are going to feel obligated to leave themselves a tip, but they (whether by law or standard practice) can only charge an extra 15% gratuity. That’s right! Say goodbye to those 65% tips. No more having to do math in your head, or even worse on your fingers (like me) while drunk at the bar. Just simply go home, wake up, go back to the bar on your way to Wendy’s and sign your name to get your card back. It’s really quite simple and genius if I may say so myself.
Taking it a step further, if you have more than one card, just leave one at the bar each night and round-up all the plastic at one time on Sunday.
And don’t worry about feeling silly by doing this because obviously a plethora of other people do the exact same thing judging by the stack of about 20 cards the lady at the bar had to sift through to get to mine.
Ohh and as an update to my "Collegiate Beggars" post, I finally received my $10 refund check from a 1998 deposit I made at Tech. No word yet on the extra $8.51 in interest I demanded.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home